Sunday, June 22, 2008

Decatur Beach Party

Every June Decatur blocks off traffic downtown and fills the street with sand for a makeshift beach party. The kids have a great time digging and building. When I told Ben we were going to a beach party, he couldn't quite understand why there wouldn't be an ocean. But once there, he had a great time, even without the ocean ...
Ben, Marli, and Kira dig away.
Time out from playing for a laid-back dinner.

Noah wasn't too sure about the sand (we kept him on a blanket at the real beach). He sat holding his legs up so as not to have his feet touch ... "What is this stuff?"

"Nope, I don't like this at all." "Seriously, can somebody pleeease pick me up?"
He was, however, quite sweet on baby Caroline ...
"Now this is what I'm talkin' about." "Let me just get a little closer. Yep, you're pretty cute!"

No comments: