Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Thaw

If you read my last post, you'll be glad to know I've pulled myself together and have not assaulted the ice cream man yet.  Actually, the sun has been shining with increasing frequency, the kids' energy is being channeled into spring sports, and I think we've made it over the winter slump!
 
Some of our coming-out-of-hibernation fun:
 
 Evening dance.
 Okay, there may have been a few snowflakes here a couple of weekends ago (warranting a fire and legwarmers), but warmer weather has since come and is staying!
 Getting ready for dance class.  Apparently she's practicing her "All the Single Ladies" moves.
 Batman birthday party!
 
Jess and Noah took an amazing trip to Los Angeles this past weekend (pics to follow).  Thankfully, Ben, Eliza, and I were too busy to miss them too much.  Not to be outdone (okay, we were miserably outdone) by the Pacific Coast, we headed out to the zoo:
 and our favorite restaurant:
 and, of course, Friday Night Ice Cream:

 One satisfied customer.
 
On Saturday, we took a friend of Ben's and went to an indoor rock climbing facility:

 Eliza was not about to sit out and watch, so we harnessed her up and ...
 "I'm Rock Star Climbin'!"

I'll end on a sweet note, literally.  Found this in Ben's backpack from a little girl in his class:
Oh the sweetness.  I can't take it.


No comments: