Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This Thanksgiving

Again this year I am overwhelmed with the blessings I've been given. I have so much to be thankful for - my beautiful family, our health, and the wonderful people who fill out all the corners of our lives.

We were so glad to have the opportunity last night to serve, as a family, the families of the Nicholas House, a local homeless shelter. The boys jumped right in.

And, a different kind of blessing ... I am thankful for this occurrence this week: I left Noah with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and a friend of theirs on Monday to run to the grocery store. When I got home, I asked how he did. They nonchalantly said he was great - played with his toys, ran around, went poopy on the potty ... uhmmm, WHAT?!? He's NEVER done anything on the potty, and he waits until I'm gone to just announce that he has to use the potty, as if he does it all the time?! More funny, they said he asked them to leave the bathroom so he could have some privacy. When I heard about it I did the whole crazy-Mommy-happy-dance, clapping and making a big deal out of it, and he acted as if he just wanted to play it cool, like he does it all the time. Strangely, he asked to do it again later that night. Nothing since, but boy am I thankful for that surprise accomplishment!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everybody! Hope you enjoy all your blessings, big and small.

No comments: